They are many types of beauty facial masks, and they come in many forms – sheets, creams, powders, gels. No matter what problems you are having with your skin, there is a face mask out there to make it all better. Let’s break down into categories
Sheet masks are a staple of Korean beauty. They are great and getting trendy in recent years. As they are versatile and very convenient to use, it is usually the best and easy option to go for. All you need to do is got a sheet mask on your face, it gives you an excuse to spend 20 minutes with a good book (or a reality show) and relax a little bit. They treat many issues and are super travel-friendly.
If you want to save some money in the long run, these are some of our DIY sheet mask recipes you can try on your own.
DIY Facial Mask: Tighten and Brighten
- In a bowl, combine serum, rosewater, and vegetable glycerine, and mix thoroughly
- Soak the sheet mask in mixture, place the mask on the face
- Leave on for 20 minutes
- Peel off and massage any leftover fluid into skin
Optional: You can add an egg white, which contains collagen and protein that boost natural lipids to help tighten and even out skin tone. If you’re acne-prone, you might want to skip it since it may potentially clog pores.
[Source: Thrive Market]
DIY Facial Mask: Hydrating Sheet Mask
- First add ½ tbsp glycerin to a small mixing bowl.
- Add ½ tbsp rosewater to your mixing bowl.
- Add ¼ tbsp witch hazel to your bowl.
- Add three drops of rosehip seed oil to your mixing bowl.
- Add three drops of squalane to your bowl.
- Next, take your cotton sheet mask and drench it in the solution. Make sure it’s evenly soaked and let the excess drip off the mask.
- Now place the sheet mask on your face and leave it on for at least 40 minutes. This ensures that you’re getting all the benefits from the skincare product
These sheet masks are so hydrating, and you will feel instantly revived after one use!
Hydrate your face with this DIY sheet mask without spending a ton of money on a Korean sheet mask.
[Source: A Beautiful Mess]
DIY Facial Mask: Rice Paper
- 1 sheet rice paper
- 1/4 cup green tea (or warm milk)
- Start by cutting the rice paper out individual pieces for each part of the face
- Infuse the rice paper with warm green tea (or milk) for a minute
- After cleansing the skin, place each part of the rice paper on your face before it cools off
- Leave it on for around 10-15 minutes & peel off.
It may leave the skin feeling tingly, which is completely normal.
Make sure to moisturize afterwards!
You can learn how to make rice paper mask by watching the video below, start from 1:45 – 2.52.
Mud & Clay
Natural materials like mud and clay have been around since ancient time, and clay masks have become a huge part of our modern-day beauty routines. Clay masks come in a multitude of colors and a multitude of clays—all of which have different specialists. The type of clay and even where the clay was sourced can make a huge difference in a clay mask’s efficacy, and there are a lot of products on the market to sift through for these differences. Nevertheless, they are practically made for easy at-home use and suitable for cleansing pores and firm up skin. You can find great ingredients with plenty of benefits for your skin.
DIY Facial Mask: Fuller’s Earth Whitening
- In a bowl, combine ingredients.
- Apply 1-2 times a week for 10 minutes.
Fuller’s Earth is a sedimentary clay great for treating pigmentation and oily skin.
DIY Facial Mask: French Green Clay
This clay is detoxifying and exfoliating, can be used for normal to oily skin
- Combine ingredients and apply the paste to your skin, avoiding the eye and lip area.
- Wash off after 10 minutes.
If the mask begins to itch excessively, go ahead and wash it off early with warm water.
However, slight tingling is to be expected.
Frankincense essential oil is a gentle “balancer” for oil skin, it helps to regenerate aging skins, keep wrinkles at bay and may smooth out some existing ones! Its restorative, regenerating, and rejuvnating actions are especially usful for drying, mature, and/or sensitive skin. Frankincense helps to balance oily skin, accelerates the healing of blemishes, inflammations.
Charcoal is on the growing list of natural beauty remedies. The purifying element in activated charcoal is the key to use to clear out pores because it sucks up everything – dirt, makeup, dead skins, etc.- that is been clogging your pores, and leaves your face feeling fresh and rejuvenated.
DIY Facial Mask: Acne Remedy
- Combine a tablespoon each of activated charcoal and bentonite clay
- Use apple cider vinegar to make a paste
- With clean fingers spread over face and let sit for 5 minutes for delicate skin and 15-20 minutes for normal skin.
- Remove clay by washing with warm water and apply moisturizer.
You will feel a pulling and tightening sensation, deep pore cleansing! A slight redness may appear after removing the clay. This is normal and will disappear in approximately 30 minutes.
The clay is beneficial for deep pore cleansing of the skin. It helps to remove dirt and impurities from the pores of the skin.
Yes, these masks use ingredients from the kitchen and are good enough to eat. You can turn your favorite snacks into skincare favorites. Not only they are cheap, but they are also super simple to make and are packed with a whole bunch of natural beauty benefits to help invigorate your weary skin. Enter DIY faces mask, and they are plenty of recipes available. From an avocado mask to a raw honey mask, you can find all types of homemade face masks that are good solutions for giving your skin a boost! Complete natural and non-toxic.
DIY Facial Mask: Avocado Face
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 very ripe banana
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 drops essential oils of your choice
- Peel banana and avocado and place in bowl
- Add olive oil
- Add essential oil (if desired).
- Mash ingredients and mix well.
- Rub avocado face mask all over your face, avoiding your eyes.
- Allow mixture to sit on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat face clean with a damp towel. Follow up with your favourite moisturizer.
Avocados are rich in antioxidants which can help prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Bananas are another natural moisturizer. The vitamin A content in bananas helps to restore lost moisture and repair damaged, dull, and dry skin.
DIY Facial Mask: Turmeric and Yogurt Face
- Mix yogurt, turmeric and fuller's earth clay together until blended well
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Wet face with warm water.
- Apply mask all over face and neck
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Turmeric is a proven acne-fighter, and a Greek yogurt mask can get your skin’s natural bacteria in balance.
Making your own mask can save a lot of money in a year! Natural ingredients are so versatile and can be used in multiple recipes, and most importantly they are natural products.