The scent of lavender hydrosol is similar to that of the flowers but more “weedy”. It is an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, calming and cicatrizant (healing scars).
This hydrosol contains skin-healing properties that can be sprayed onto the skin after exposure to the sun or after a mild accidental stove-top burn. By adding a couple drops of Lavender and Helichrysum essential oils to the lavender hydrosol, your skin will heal more quickly.
Because lavender hydrosol is so healing for the skin, it can also be combined with Helichrysum hydrosol and German Chamomile hydrosol for an alternative acne treatment.
It acts as a mood stabilizer and can be used in skin care as a facial spray and toner. It is gentle enough for use in any and child care.
- Cleansing for cuts and scrapes
- Safe and beneficial when added to a baby’s bath or combined with chamomile to clear diaper rashes
- Use to relieve inflammation from shaving or waxing
- Saturate a cotton ball with lavender hydrosol and apply to clean wounds, soothe burns or relieve itching from insect bites
- Use undiluted in a spray to reduce jet lag and mental fatigue
- Saturate a cotton ball and apply to soothe baby’s bottom. It may be combined with Roman chamomile to soothe diaper rash.
- As a toner, apply to skin for acne, oily or irritated skin
- Use as a wetting agent in clay facial mask