Over time, it is natural that our youth skin starts to fade and we want to make sure we still look and feel good at our age. Fortunately, with the advanced technology in this century, there are many preventive ways and products available to offer you a quick facelift and anti-aging benefits. One of the most popular cosmetic skin care treatments available is diamond microdermabrasion.
What is Diamond Microdermabrasion Treatment?
Microdermabrasion is a facial procedure that uses manual exfoliation to remove the outer layer of skin. Usually, a Diamond-tipped wand is used to abrade the surface of your skin. This process needs to administrate in a series to achieve the best results.
Diamond microdermabrasion is one of the easiest and most effective ways to fight the effects of aging. Using a diamond tip, the outer layers of the skin are exfoliated, and this allows for the alleviation of a plethora of skin concerns. No chemicals or anesthesia are used in the procedure, which is known for being simple and pain-free. It’s appropriate for most skin types because it is non-invasive.
What are the benefits of microdermabrasion for your skin?
Microdermabrasion treatment is much softer than a peel, which makes it useful for many types of skin. Microdermabrasion helps reduce the signs of aging.
1. Microdermabrasion is a deep exfoliation of the skin, and its main benefit is it removes dead skin cells accumulated under the skin including impurities and diets on the skin due to makeup and external factors, such as pollution.
2. It clears up blackheads, minimize the size of the pores so improves the appearance of facial pores.
3. It reduces puffiness. And because of the exfoliation technique making your skin unobstructed, the skin will be more hydrated.
4. It stimulates blood flow so giving you a well-nourished skin, making your skin looks brighter and healthier, thus delaying the signs of aging.
5. It reduces wrinkles by eliminating the outer layers of dead skin. Since the dead skin is removed, it stimulates your body to produce brand new skin cells. This also promotes the repair of fine lines and wrinkles, helping to prevent the new ones from forming, leaving you looking and feeling rejuvenated and youthful.
6. It removes dry, dead skin cells for your skin to better absorb your skin products to prevent dry and flaky skin.
7. It is effective in reducing dark, damaged spot and even outs the skin tone
8. It reduces the appearance of acne scars. Very effective for deep acne scars or old stretch marks.
9. It boosts collagen production to provide firming and toning to the complexion.
10. There are almost no side effects, your skin may be a little red after a microdermabrasion treatment because of exfoliation, but it is not an allergic reaction. The treatment can, therefore, be performed without risk of causing irritation, rashes or skin lesions
For years, one of the most common procedures for exfoliating the top layer of dead skin has been regular crystal microdermabrasion.
They are crystal microdermabrasion technology involves the use of a unique, hand-held device that propels six flow of aluminum oxide crystals onto the skin. It is important to note that lines and wrinkles around the mouth and eyes should not be treated with crystals as it is possible that the small particles of the crystals will get into the mouth and eyes. For such delicate areas, diamond can be used. Areas closer to the eyes and mouth can be abraded more accurately with diamond abrasion and no risk of having stray crystals causing damage and getting into your eyes, nose, and mouth. The diamond microdermabrasion replaces the micro-crystal flow with a laser-cut diamond tip wand, works the same way. The wand tip is made of natural laser cut diamond chips together with the strong suction—make it possible to exfoliate the skin more thoroughly. This action polishes the skin and removes the dead cells, which are then vacuumed back into a waste filter. With the flexibility of using different suction levels, it also increases blood flow to the skin, and that in turn helps to produce collagen. And also, the natural diamond tips are easier to control, don’t irritate the skin and give a more precise treatment. Most importantly, natural minerals are less likely to trigger adverse reactions.
Microdermabrasion Treatment Options
Microdermabrasion treatments are done in medical clinics and spas by dermatologists or people who specialize in skin care. The six will not provide instant results. Usually, you will need pay for a series of visits, 6-9 treatments are recommended for the best results. These initial 3 to 6 treatments can be spaced one week apart, and from that point, the client can continue to receive one treatment on a monthly basis for the best maintenance.
It can be quite costly to do microdermabrasion treatment on a regular basis with a local dermatologist or medical spa. Alternatively, microdermabrasion home kits are available at affordable prices, allowing you to do the treatment yourself at home.
How to Do a Microdermabrasion at Home?
When you purchase your microdermabrasion machine, it will come with specific instructions to follow so that you can be sure that you are protecting the health of your skin. There are a few basic steps that should be followed:
1. Cleanse the skin, using a gentle cleanser that is oil-free. Be careful to avoid harsh cleansers, because they could dry out the skin and cause the skin to be more sensitive during the microdermabrasion treatment. Remember that the microdermabrasion machine will help to remove build-up and impurities from the skin, so the initial cleansing process doesn’t need to get rid of all of the dirt.
2. Next, pat the skin dry with a towel and allow your face to air dry completely. The microdermabrasion machine doesn’t work as well if your skin is clammy.
3. Once the skin is dry, turn on the microdermabrasion machine and prepare to treat the skin. Use your free hand to pull the skin tight and then gently rub the head of the machine on your skin. Don’t do more than 1 or 2 passes on the same area of skin.
4. After you have treated the whole area, turn off the Microderm machine and then finish the treatment with a few skin care products. It is a good idea to use a toner immediately after the treatment because toner balances your skin’s pH levels. Follow the toner with a moisturizer, to keep moisture in the skin and prevent over-drying.
Keep in mind that you are trying to avoid sagging skin, so it is best to use the microdermabrasion machine in an upward motion as you are moving it on your skin. Downward motions might increase your risk of wrinkles and fine lines.
Our Selection Of Home Microdermabrasion Machines
This device offers diamond exfoliation and uses smooth suction technology. Nuvéderm Biomedical Technology was founded by members of the American Academy of Dermatology. This manufacturer is transparent enough to declare that the device is designed in California, components manufactured in China, Japan, and the USA, assembled and Packaged in Illinois and materials printed in Wisconsin.
The most positive reviews are on its fairly strong suction power, the ease of use and the fast results. It is a portable microdermabrasion unit with no cable hanging and with a battery that lasts very long. This device can be used on other parts of the body like neck, arms, and hands.
The machine comes with a 1-year warranty and doesn’t forget to fill in the online registration within 30 days of purchase to benefit from the 1-year warranty. Warranty registration here.
Being a more popular and well-known microdermabrasion device, people who bought this unit was regarding the spectacular results they had on their skin. Some even compared it to professional results. However, before using this device, you need to study the instruction manual to avoid damages to your skin as there is a warning from the positive reviews on its use and frequency of use. Comes with an international adapter that will work in all countries.
It has a 30 days return policy, and one year of warranty but be careful of purchasing this device from other regular channels as the return policy and warranty may not be valid. Please check before making any purchase.
Silk’n Revit Microderm Device is said to be a similar quality as professional spa session by users reviews. The practical and ease of use of this unit have won many praises as well.
Take note that this device is not meant to be used on blackheads. If you need one that works better for acne, there is another specific device for that. The price of the filter is 10USD for 30 filters, but if you are okay to use re-use the filters to save some money, you can simply wash them after every use.
This device comes with 1-year of warranty.
This 3-in-1 Rejuvaderm MD unit is less harsh that can be used more often as it is designed for gentle use on your skin which allows 1 to 3 sessions per week compared to other machines. You will need the patience to use this unit for weeks before you will see results on your skin. This device does come with only one diamond tip of medium coarseness, the pore extraction tip and the infusion tip are a plus. The pore extraction tip is to effectively extract oil, sebum, and buildup inside the pores (blackheads and whiteheads) but it is recommended to have a steamy bath before the suction.
It has a 1-year of warranty.
There is a smaller and handheld version, MiniMD Handheld Microdermabrasion Device from the same manufacturer. Despite the smallest in size of the Trophy Skin family, it still can perform for most cases, comes with two levels of vacuum auctions (high and low). Of course, if you want to work thoroughly in some other areas of your face or even other parts of your body, you will have to buy the necessary and adapted parts that are designed for those specific purposes.
This light and the portable version is good for first-time users just to get the hang of it. It only has 6 months of manufacturer warranty.
There are two more alternatives to compact-portable-at-home microdermabrasion devices you can consider.
This diamond at-home microdermabrasion machine can be considered as revolutionary as it does not use filters, is battery operated and is waterproof. There are 4 Pro-level diamond tips to use for face and body
Due to its low price which does not make it less worth than the expensive professional machines, can easily become your choice at home microdermabrasion. It can adjust the suction for different areas of face or body for maximum results.
Microdermabrasion is a rather gentle, non-painful technique. Be it visit a medical clinic or spa to seek for professionals or do it yourself at home; it is normal to observe some shedding or peeling of the outermost layer of the skin. Make sure you moisturize your skin sufficiently.