Olivem1000 is a PEG-free self-emulsifying multifunctional ingredient, a complex combination of fatty acids, chemically similar to the lipidic composition of the skin surface. As the sole emulsifier, Olivem1000 provides a deep moisturizing effect. Stability of Olivem 1000 is improved with the addition of a water-phase thickener Xanthan Gum used at about 0.2%, or 1–2% of a thickener/stabilizer like olive wax or Glyceryl Stearate.
Cetearyl Olivate (and) Sorbitan Olivate
– Provides creams with an excellent spreadability with no soapy effect
– Offers moisturising benefits to cosmetic products, boosting their hydration rate.
– It is safe enough to be used on sensitive skin.
HIGH PERFORMANCE INGREDIENT
– Typical Ingredient
Functional – Emulsifier
Add to oil phase
Topical use level
– 3 – 8% in o/w emulsions as the sole emulsifier
– 0.5 – 2% as a co-emulsifier
White to ivory waxy flakes
– All Skin Types
Face Care, Cream/Lotion, Shower Products , Moisturiser , Make-Up, Sun Care, Hair Care, Body Care, Cleanser
Ritamulse SCG is likely the easiest alternative for Olivem 1000 as it is also ECO-Cert compliant. You could also use Polawax or Emulsifying Wax NF. Emulsions made with Olivem 1000 tend to be thicker than emulsions made with Polawax or Emulsifying Wax NF.
Categories: Functional – Emulsifier