Mentha x piperita
Peppermint hydrosol has a softer aroma and flavour than fresh peppermint. It is anti-inflammatory, analgesic, carminative, expectorant and stimulating.
Peppermint Hydrosol is used to cool and refresh. It can be sprayed on the back of your neck, and on your head and chest. It relieves muscular aches, pains, and strains. Try combining Peppermint hydrosol with helichrysum hydrosol or Lavender hydrosol for pain relief.
It smells great, brings energy and freshness, and is very helpful for reducing nausea. It calms nerves and is a mental and physical stimulant. In skin care, peppermint hydrosol is helpful for insect bites, inflammation, irritation, and acne.
Peppermint hydrosol is susceptible to go rancid more quickly than other hydrosols. Never use a hydrosol if it doesn’t look and smell fresh.
- Store in the refrigerator and spray a mist all over the skin to refresh and invigorate body and minor or to cool hot flashes.
- Spritz over the face to relieve the pain of a headache.
- Use in travel to help with jet lag and travel sickness
- Saturate a cotton ball and apply tropically to treat acne, to soothe rashes and as an aftershave.
- Add to bath or use in a compress for stiff muscles, sprains, aches and pains and to invigorate the body and stimulate the mind