Propanediol 1,3 can soften and soothe the skin, attract and retain the moisture. Propanediol increases hydration while working to reduce signs of aging—an ideal ingredient for dry or dehydrated skin. In surfactant systems, Propanediol increases the clarity of surfactant systems and viscosity while decreasing the amount of salt necessary to thicken a product. It improves flash foam and produces more elegant systems with creamier lather and denser foam. In hair care products, such as shampoo, conditioner, leave-on conditioners, or styling aids, it offers a cleaner feeling after rinsing while increasing moisturization, improving detangling, reducing static, and improving wet and dry combing. In all products, it decreases the freezing point and increases stability in freeze/thaw and heated tests. It performs better than propylene glycol and butylene glycol. When combined with glycerin, Propanediol shows a synergistic effect that reduces the tackiness of glycerin, while offering the benefits of increased levels of hydration.
– Boosts efficacy of preservatives
– Improves skin moisture
– Has excellent sensory characteristics & is environmentally sustainable
– Light, non-sticky skin feel – Low potential to irritate or sensitize skin
– Good solvent for hard to dissolve ingredients like salicylic acid, ferulic acid, allantoin, and ascorbic acid as well as botanical extract
– Together with silk peptide, it keeps the skin’s surface intact, supple, and hydrated.
HIGH PERFORMANCE INGREDIENT
Functional – Humectant, Functional – Emollient
Add to water phase
Typical use levels 1-10%
All Skin Types
Moisturiser , Cream/Lotion, Lip Care, Hair Care
Glycerin, propylene glycol