- 42 g Distilled water | 42%
- 21 g Jasmine Hydrosol | 21 %
- 10 g 1% of Hyaluronic Acid | 10%
- 10 g Olivem1000 | 10%
Cool Down Phase
PH Modifier (if needed)
- Blend the glycerine and xanthan gum in a glass beaker.
- In another beaker, weigh out all waters and add Olivem 1000.
- Prepare a water bath by bringing about 3cm/1″ of water to a bare simmer over low to medium-low heat in a saucepan.
- Heat waters-Olivem1000 mixture in the water bath. When the Olivem 1000 has completely melted, remove the beaker from the water bath and start stirring.
- Add the gum-glycerine mixture. As the mixture cools, it will become white.
- When the mixture is below 40C, add the Decyl Glucoside and stir gently to avoid foaming.
- Because cool down ingredients are typically present at very low amounts, you will need to use an accurate scale—preferably one accurate to 0.01g.
- Add the essential oil and stir well.
- Check that the pH using a pH strip or pH meter, check that the cream has a pH range that is compatible with your chosen preservative. This range is normally indicated by the supplier of the preservative. If your pH isn’t in a suitable range, you can lower it by adding an acid or raise it by adding sodium hydroxide or sodium bicarbonate.
- Finally, blend in the preservative
- Once the cream is cool, transfer the cream cleanser into the empty tube using a syringe
- Because this cream contains water, you MUST include a broad-spectrum preservative to ward off microbial growth. In the event, you notice any change in colour, scent, or texture, chuck it out and make a fresh batch.
- A formula should be written in a percentage of ingredients as well as grams. Our popular formulation calculator can be used to convert from percentages to weight easily. It also gives you warning alert if any of the category ingredients are out of recommended range to make sure the ratios between the ingredients are as desired.
- You CANNOT be replaced Olivem1000 with other emulsifiers.
- You can use a different hydrosol, choose something that will work with the essential oils. Alternatively, you may use more distilled water if you don’t have any hydrosol.
- Same for hyaluronic acid, if you don’t have any, replace it with more distilled water
- You can always use a different essential oil blend as you wish
- You may want to combine Decyl Glucoside with Cocamidopropyl Betaine improve the smoothness of the foam. Or you may replace with Coco glucoside, Lauryl glucoside or other suitable surfactants.