Make sure to check your rose water is a hydrosol as many commercially prepared waters are not true hydrosol; they may contain synthetic fragrance or alcohol and are not suitable for therapeutic purposes. Rose hydrosol balanced the emotions and female hormones. It promotes relaxation and is helpful for menstrual symptoms and stress.
Rosa hydrosol has a deep, powerful aroma while the centifolia roses have a sweet, delicate aroma.
Rose hydrosol has a highly complex aroma and has been known as a wonderful toner for all skin types and as well as many skin disorders. It adds and retains moisture to dry/mature skin. It is anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, calming, tissue-regenerated (healing scares), stimulating and uplifting.
- It can be used on its own as a perfume, or you can add essential oils to the hydrosol.
- Try in a sitz bath for postpartum healing
- Use rose hydrosol in a spray to refresh the mind, ease nervousness and lift the spirits
- Saturate a cotton ball and apply tropically as a facial tonic for normal, dry, sensitive and mature skin types. Use to soothe rash and sunburn
- Use in bath to life the spirits and reduce mental strain and to relieve tension, low libido and mood swings.
- Use as the wetting agent in a clay facial mask